Due to COVID-19 restrictions IZAKAYA Amsterdam is offering a limited menu.
Japanese grill with South American influences. Imagine Asian tapas, you can order as many or as few dishes as you wish, lots if you're really hungry or just a few if you're snacking with some drinks or cocktails.
These dishes are great for sharing and you can try different tastes and textures. An IZAKAYA rule - it's always worth trying at least one dish that you never had before.
Sakana & Otsusmami
Small dishes, also great to accompany your drink
- baby spinach salad with grilled shrimps
- king crab cake
- tomato ceviche
- seaweed & mizuna salad with Shimeji mushrooms
- padron peppers yuzu miso
- spicy peruvian tuna on chips
- pan fried scallop with Yuzu Truffle Sauce
- anti-cucho chicken skewers
- anti-cucho beef skewers
- light garlic baby squid
- crispy rice with Spicy Tuna Tartare
- grilled langoustine martini
- oyster filo with Beluga Caviar
- crispy pork belly with Tosazu and Ginger Oroshi
Sashimi Izakaya style
Different kinds of sashimi combined with exotic spices and dressings, perfect for those not too familiar with raw fish.
- sea bream sashimi with Korean Salad and Spice
- sea bass with extra virgin olive oil, yuzu juice and chives
- torched scallops with Tomato Ceviche
- beef tataki with Onion Ponzu and Garlic Chips
- jalapeño octopus
- salmon, yellow tail and sea bass with Yuzu soy
- seabream ceviche with Grapefruit, Fennel and Peruvian Corn
- yellowtail sashimi with Tomatillo Salsa, Mango and Green Apple
- courgettes tataki
Little Parcels of Asian delight
- soft shell crab harumaki
- scallop and truffle sui mai
- wagyu and foie gras gyoza
Seafood or Vegetables in light Japanese batter
- pop corn shrimp tempura
- sweet corn tempura
- zucchini tempura with Green Chili Aioli
- dover sole tempura
- soft shell crab karage
- chilean sea bass tempura
- shojin, seasonal mixed vegetables
- tofu tempura
Sushi Izakaya style
- salmon belly aburi nigiri
- scallop aburi nigiri with moro miso
- soft shell crab temaki
- alaskan king crab temaki
- spicy tuna temaki
- shrimp tempura temaki
- duck roll with hoisin
- unagi & honey comb roll
- corn tempura roll in Soybean Paper
- temari sushi
- kani kani
Traditional Japanese small cooking hot plate flamed with sake Yuzu soy.
- beef toban
- seafood toban
- mushroom toban
Osusume from the heart...
- dover sole pan-fried with Red Chili Shiso Salsa
- pan-fried baby squid with Yellow Jalapeno Dressing
- grilled unagi and foie gras served with Apple Balsamic
- chilean sea bass with Yuzu soy and Truffle infusion
- king crab tempura with Amazu Ponzu and Chili
- salmon with Brown Rice Salsa
- wild sea bass popiette with mixed Japanese Mushrooms
- soy braised duck with Green Apple and Foie Gras
- beef short ribs on bone with Black Beans & Garlic
- crispy octopus tentacle with Sea Vegetables
Japanese Izakaya Charcoal grill cooking served with the chef’s selection of sauces, decorations and steamed rice on the side.
- jumbo shrimp spicy lemon
- lobster wasabi pepper sauce
- king crab karashi-su miso
- beef tenderloin
- rib eye anti-cucho sauce
- lamb rack
- spring chicken
- japanese wagyu grade “a”
- roasted cabbage
- grilled asparagus
- sesame soy french beans
- steamed rice
During Lunch, The Full Izakaya A La Carte menu is also available.
- izakaya bento Sea bream Sashimi Salad, Corn Tempura, Salmon Brown Rice Salsa & Chicken Anticucho 26.50
- healthy bento Tomato and Avocado Ceviche, Seaweed and Mizuna Salad with Shimeji Mushrooms, Sashimi Selection & Grilled Asparagus with Red Chili Shiso Salsa
- chef's bento Please ask your Waiter for Today’s Selection 29.50
Izakaya style noodle soup
- chicken & asparagus with thick Udon Noodles in Chicken Broth 23.50
- spicy seafood with thick Udon Noodles in Seafood Broth 27.00
- japanese mushroom with thick Udon Noodles in Mushroom Broth 22.00
Big Rice Bowl Dish with your choice below, served with Miso soup and Japanese Pickles
- beef tenderloin with teriyaki sauce 27.00
- chicken katsu breaded fried chicken with shredded cabbage and tonkatsu sauce 24.00
- salmon fillet with anti-cucho sauce 24.00
- chirashi sashimi fresh seasonal fish, Ikura & Japanese pickles 29.50
- assorted vegetables with spicy garlic sauce 20.50
- sir spicy A beautifully balanced salty and spicy Rum combined with cucumber and a Bergamot liqueur touch.
- kisu-chan (kiss the lady) A fresh cocktail that leaves you with a taste of summer peach. Gin, elderflower, thyme and grapefruit come together to let you taste summer even when it’s cold.
- lycheeshu With an air like lightness, combining shochu, lychee liquer and yuzu juice to give a whole new twist on a lychee classic.
- vida picante Casamigos Mezcal spiced up with a splash of Chile liqueur, sweetened by Salted Caramel and soured by lime & Yuzu.
- kingston 4 Combining Caribbean Rums with guava and cinnamon to form a full and refreshing cocktail.
- wasabi sour Grey Goose vodka spiced up with sweet orange, which gives a light and fresh cocktail.
- drunk in love #2 I’ve been drinking Peach. A light and frothy drink that will leave you wanting for more.
- gin basil smash Interesting, fresh and herbaceous basil, shaken up with Hendricks gin, fresh lime and a dash of celery bitters. Served down.
- mexican 75 Refreshing aperitif with the sharpness of Casamigos Blanco tequila, bitterness of Aperol, the sweetness of Jasmine and the sparkle of champagne.
- ume runner Long, fruity and refreshing. Bourbon and Umeshu plum wine are combined with fresh passion fruit, churned with crushed ice.
- jasmine spark IZAKAYA Classic! Japanese shochu and white rum are churned up with lime, Jasmine tea syrup and fresh mint make for a nice Japanese version of the Mojito.
- morada mojito A classic Mojito with a Peruvian twist, combining purple corn with mint, fresh lime, apple & spiced rum.
- devious barrel Introducing the mix between sweet maple syrup, Nikka from the Barrel and Drambuie.
- omakase A Japanese phrase that means “I’ll leave it up to you”
- raspberry mule IZAKAYA’s twist on a classic Moscow mule; Shochu, Raspberry, fresh lime and ginger beer.
- cucumber sake-tini A cool fresh martini combining cucumber with sake and Hendricks gin.
Light, crisp, refreshing whites
- sauvignon blanc 2018, tripantu vineyards, valle central, chile Tropical fruit and grassiness, notes of white peach, lime peel and citrus.
- chenin blanc 2018, j&g wines. robertson, south africa. Fresh acidity with citrus notes and light tropical fruit.
- traminer aromatico 2018, zorzettig family, friuli venezia, italy. Dry wine with fresh & exotic aromas of lychee, ripe peach and typical Traminer spices.
- grüner veltliner 2019, weingut prechtl, weinviertel, austria. Aromatic and dry organic wine with hints of yellow fruit, perfect for the IZAKAYA kitchen.
Fruit driven and aromatic whites
- pinot grigio 2018, mabis. veneto, italy. Mineral and crispy. Notes of apple and white flowers.
- chardonnay 2018, maison de la villette. languedoc, france. Biodynamic wine. Aromas of mineral and butter. Long lasting pure and fresh taste.
- verdejo 2018, quinta apolonia belondrade. castilla y león, spain. Partially barrel fermented. A refreshing & classy wine with a strong finish.
- riesling 2018, jordan "the real mccoy". stellenbosch, south africa A perfect balance between fresh and sweet. Intense hints of lime, white peach and green apple.
- sancerre blanc 2018, domaine salmon. loire, france. Aromatic nose, ripe citrus notes, minerality. Elegant with long lasting freshness.
- sauvignon blanc 2017, chapel peak. marlborough, new zealand. Beautiful mix of french elegancy and new world fruit expression, grassy, grapefruit and green herbs.
- albariño 2018, terras gauda - rias baixas 'o rosal', spain Apple, citrus and minerals give freshness, power and a lingering finish.
Smooth, silky whites
- petit chablis 2018, domaine des hates. burgundy, france. Mineral on the nose with toasted notes. Dense and rich palate with lingering freshness.
- belondrade y lurton 2017, rueda, spain. 10 months in French oak and 6 months in bottle
Fuller bodied richer whites
- chardonnay 2017, napa cellars. napa valley california, usa Ripe peach and apricot. Full blend of vanilla, oaked and lingering freshness.
- meursault 2017, domaine vincent bouzereau, burgundy, france Creamy nose with ripe fruits, butter and almonds. Powerful aftertaste.
- chassagne-montrachet 2018, domaine vincent bouzerou. burgundy, france. Wood on the nose. Full and complex taste, with a long and balanced finish.
- puligny-montrachet 1er cru la garenne 2017, domaine la rue. burgundy, france Puligny-Montrachet in its purest form. Mineral complex with great power and elegance.
- chardonnay 2015, chateau montelena. nappa valley, california, usa. Ripe peach, vanilla, lavender and orange blossom on the nose. Rich viscosity cut by bright acidity, with kiwi and grapefruit.
Fruity, light and easy drinking reds
- merlot 2016, tripantu. valle central, chile. Red fruits, strawberry and plum. Rounded tannines and good structure.
- cabernet sauvignon 2017, ‘guardian’ cabernet sauvignon reserve, chile Ripe berry and dark fruit with hints of cherry and blackcurrant.
- barbera d'asti docg 2018, pico maccario lavignone. mombaruzzo, italy. Cherry plum and red berries. A fresh elegant style with a harmonious structure.
- pinot noir 2016, mwc wines, central victoria, australia. Red fruits, plum and cherry are underpinned with hints of oak.
Refined, smooth and mature reds
- malbec reserve 2017, navarro correas. mendoza, argentina. Expressive nose of dark fruit. Deep, warm and rich texture.
- ripasso valpolicella doc 2016, emilio fidora. veneto, italy. Powerful wine with a spicy character. Smooth taste and rich finish.
- lindes de remelluri 2015, labastida. rioja, spain. Cassis, cherry and spices on the nose with undertones of cinnamon and vanilla.
- pinot noir 2017, domaine gachot-monot, cote de nuits-villages, burgundy, france. Red fruits, plum and cherry are underpinned with hints of oak.
Full bodied, hearty reds
- cabernet sauvignon 2016, jordan 'the long fuse', stellenbosch, south africa Dark fruits like blackberry and dark cherry. Soft and ripe structure.
- grenache 2016, spice route, swartland, south africa Smokey and fruity on the nose. Intense dark fruit flavours that pair very well with the spicy oak character.
- araucano 2014, clos de lolol, francois lurton. lolol valley, chile Chilean blend with mostly Syrah and Carménère. Very full body with notes of white pepper and spices.
- châteauneuf-du-pape 2016, ferme du mont, rhone valley, france Smooth and silky wine with fresh red fruits and a long and fullbodied finish.
- barolo 2015, 'la morra' elio filippino, piedmont, italy. Developed mature fruit aroma's. Earthy, truffle with silky tannins and a long lingering finish.
- amarone della valpolicella docg 2012, emilio fidora. veneto, italy. Very intense, complex wine. Spicy, oaky high notes with a powerful but smooth palate.
- montes alpha m 2013. colchagua valley, chile. Ripe reds fruits with black currant, licorice, vanilla, caramel and light toasted notes.
- bodegas remelluri, 'granja' gran reserve, 2010, rioja, spain. Powerful, but still very elegant with beautiful acidity, ripe tannins and a long mineral finish.
- ruinart “r” brut A very delicate, fresh, and fruity nose, showing notes of white fruits, mainly pear. Beautiful intensity.
- ruinart “r” brut magnum
- ruinart rosé A delicious blend of rose and orange flowers. Sensual freshness and full-bodied aromas.
- ruinart blanc de blancs champagne Very supple, round and harmonious palate. Good vinosity. Notes of nectarine, apricot and cherry-plum. A Champagne to celebrate.
- perrier-jouët belle époque 2012 Pale gold with bountiful tiny bubbles. Fine, well balanced and leaves behind a sense of harmony.
- perrier-jouët belle époque 2008, magnum
- perrier-jouët belle époque rosé 2006 Delicate, rich and voluptuous. An exceptional cuvée created by the carefully selected red vines from Pinot Noir parcels on the Montagne de Reims.
- perrier-jouët belle époque blanc de blancs 2006 The rarest and most precious cuvée, characterized by the purity and authenticity of the Perrier-Jouët terroir.
- dom pérignon 2008, france Incredibly smooth, creamy fruit with perfect balance and weight, wonderfully toastie aromas and finesse.
- dom pérignon rosé 2005 Floral and perfumed notes with aromas of orange peel and dried fruits.
- dom pérignon p2 2002 A delicate complexity woven through with freshness and minerality, coming together in a light texture. Brimming with sensations and filled with emotions
- krug grande cuvée brut nv, france Unique, magnificent and unforgettable. Wonderfully creamy. Leaving with a rich, balanced and nutty finish.
- prosecco spumante brut, fidora. veneto, italy. Fresh and lively flavours of apple and white flowers. Elegant with persistence.
- prosecco spumante brut rosé. bosco del merlo, veneto, italy. Lush, fresh, fragrant and lively.
- pinot grigio “blush” 2018, bosco del merlo, veneto, italy Subtle red fruit aromas. Fresh palate and a long, crisp finish.
- château pigoudet "première" 2018. côteaux d’aix-en-provence, france. Expressive, floral, fruity and deliciously fresh.
- ichishima. niigata, japan. Delicious and fine Honjozu with rewarding aftertaste.
- enter.sake ‘black’, aichi, japan. Clean pure style of sake, subtle fruitiness with hints of mango, peach and pineapple.
- shirataki ‘classic red’. niigata, japan. Rich, round Junmai with a juicy palate. Enjoy it warm.
- tosatsuru ‘azure’. kochi, japan. New generation Ginjo brewed using deep-sea water ‘Kaiyoushinsousui’. Dry and clean finish.
- hakushika ‘kuromatsu’. hyogo, japan. Mild and dry with fresh, fruity flavour.
- masumi ‘yawaraki’, nagano, japan. Fruit blend fragrance, light mouth-feel with rounded plum accents building from cup to cup. A great (lunchtime) sake.
- enter.sake ‘silver’, aichi, japan. Good palate with notes of mango, Asian pear, and honeydew melon. Finishes clean and smooth.
- daishichi ‘masakura’. fukushima, japan. Masakura means ‘true cherry blossom’. Perfectly blended with a well-rounded creamy finish.
- hakushika ‘kuromatsu’. hyogo, japan. The gods of water for sake, Miya Mizu, creates a soft accessible style.
- dassai ‘otter festival 45’, yamaguchi, japan. Light, balanced, clean and easy drinking. There are wonderful fruits on the palate without coming off too sweet
- enter.sake ‘gold’. aichi, japan. Supple body with notes of melon, peach, and chrysanthemum, ends in a beautiful, bright, crisp finish.
- masumi ‘yamahai nanago’, nagano, japan. Mild fragrance and a full-bodied flavour with well-balanced acidity and a clean finish.
- daishichi ‘houreki’. fukushima, japan. Well-balanced body, fruity aroma’s, creamy perfume and an unparalleled richness.
- matcha tiramisu with Mascarpone Cream and Sake
- popcorn & caramel crisp with Sweetcorn and Hibiscus
- coconut and miso panna cotta With Fresh Berries, Kinako Crumble and Pumpkin Coconut Ice Cream
- jasmine rice pudding with Mango Crémeux and Mango Apricot Sorbet
- miso panna cotta and goats milk yoghurt with fresh Berries, Kinako Crumble and Hojicha Strawberry Sorbet.
- cappuccino brûlée with Nikka Whisky Foam and Coffee Meringue
- chocolate snow with Vanilla Ice-cream and Honey Roasted Macademia Nuts
- freshly baked madeleine selection served with White Chocolate Chantilly and Fruit Jam
- mochi & fruits Exotic fresh and Iced fruits with Mochi Ice Cream
- ilanka chocolate cream with Pistachio ice-cream and Raspberry-Sake Explosion
- espresso martini Shot of Grey Goose Vodka, Shot of Kahlua Liqueur and a shot of Espresso shaken into a Cold After Dinner Cocktail
- last harvest sauvignon blanc 2011, jules taylor marlborough new zealand Delicate flavours of apricots, mandarin candied tropical fruits and honey.
- umeshu – plum liqueur Made from Ume Choya extra Years Authentic Umeshu with aroma of Almond
- tedorigawa – dessert sake. tedorigawa ‘daikoshu umaika’ 1994 ishikawa, japan. Daiginjo sake aged for 22 years. Excellent balance of acidity and sweetness, with aromas of Mushroom, Soy, Earth and lots of Umami.
- 10-year-old tawny Quinta do Noval Portugal Harmonious and balanced
- macallan master
- glenlivet 12-years old
- glenlivet 18-years old
- glenmorangie 10-years old
- glenmorangie port wood finish
- glenmorangie 18-years old
- nikka from the barrel
- nikka coffey grain
- yamazaki distillers r.
- hibiki harmony
- hibiki 12-years old
- hakushu 12-years old
- hennessy vs
- hennessy xo
- hennessy paradis
- remy martin vsop
- remy martin xo
IZAKAYA can also be experienced in the comfort of your own home, boat, office or for any other special occasion you can imagine.
The IZAKAYA sushi box includes all the high end ingredients needed to create sushi rolls, hand rolls, nigiri and sashimi for eight people or more. It’s also possible to book an IZAKAYA sushi expert to reveal the secrets of sushi and provide personal instruction.